Google is the world’s largest search engine, and it allows you to advertise your business on its platforms.
The company operates an advertising platform called Google Ads. With it, you can place ads across Google’s search engine results pages (SERPs) or on third-party websites through its AdSense network.
Advertising on Google is a great way to get your business in front of potential customers at the exact moment they’re searching for a product or service like yours. It can also help you build brand awareness by displaying your ads to people who aren’t actively looking for your business, but are in your target market. In case you are searching for Search Engine Optimisation services in Perth, this company can be a right place. PerthDigitalEdge expertise and knowledge within the SEO industry allow them to achieve outstanding goals within a timeframe and budget.
Here are five ways to advertise your business and brand on Google:
Table of Contents
1. Search ads
When people type a word or phrase into Google’s search engine, they’re served up a list of results relevant to their query. You can appear at or near the top of those results with a text-based ad that appears above or below the organic search results. You’ll be charged each time someone clicks on your ad, which links through to your website.
Search ads are one of the most popular online marketing strategies for small businesses. They allow you to target prospective customers when they’re already searching for products like yours and are more likely to convert than if you targeted them with a display ad.
In many ways, search ads are like traditional pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. However, because they’re delivered via Google’s incredibly popular search engine, they make up the biggest chunk of Google’s advertising revenue. In 2017 alone, Google earned $95 billion in ad revenue — 85% of that came from search ads and related services (which we’ll get to shortly).
2. Display ads
Display ads are image-based ads that appear across Google’s AdSense network of websites that allow advertising space on their pages. Your display ad will show up when people browse those websites – for example, you might see a display ad for another business’s website when reading news articles online. You’ll be charged each time someone clicks on your display ad, which links through to your website.
The AdSense network is made up of millions of websites, Google search results and YouTube. It’s a good option if you want to advertise your products to a wide audience, or if you’re not sure who your target audience is yet.
How it works
- You create and set up a display ad campaign as part of your overall advertising strategy. You can choose the type of campaign based on your marketing goals.
- Ads that appear on the AdSense network are either:
- Standard ads: These are text-based, image-based or rich media ads that you can use to promote your business. They can be resized and moved around within certain parameters.
3. Video ads
If you have a video, you can advertise it on YouTube and other video sites using Google Ads. Your video will appear when users search for related topics or visit websites that match your target audience. You can also use in-video ads to display text or image ads before, during and after the video.
On YouTube, you can show your ads to people in or searching for your targeted locations, and to your targeted age range, gender and parental status. You can also pick to show your ads to viewers with certain interests or keywords in their search terms.
- Reach new customers on YouTube and Google Display Network, where you can show text or image ads before, during and after any video.
- Show your video to customers who are searching for related topics on YouTube and Google Display Network.
- Track how many times your video has been watched and how many times your overlay ad was clicked.
4. Gmail ads
Gmail ads are a type of Display Network ad. These are text ads that appear on the Promotions, Social, and Updates tabs of Gmail. They’re interactive, so people can click on them or expand them to view more details about your business. You can also show linked YouTube videos in your ad.
You can use Gmail ads to promote your products or services in a way that’s relevant to what people are reading and discussing in their inboxes. With Gmail ads, you can reach potential customers while they’re engaged in their personal or work email communications.
- Reach more customers: Gmail ads can help you reach people when they’re looking to make a purchase or take action. It’s easy to create Gmail ads that showcase products, highlight deals and introduce new offerings so that they match the look and feel of the content in your customers’ inboxes.
- Find customers who matter most: With Gmail ads, you’re able to reach people who’ve expressed interest in your products or services by visiting your website or using keywords that are related to your business. You can also target Gmail ads based on demographics and location, so you reach the right audience for your business at just the right time.
- Improve performance with reporting tools: With detailed performance reports, it’s easy to understand how many people have seen and interacted with each ad, then adjust your campaign settings accordingly. You can even track how many leads were generated from each ad, so you can see which campaigns and ad creatives are working best for your business.
5. Shopping ads
Shopping ads are online adverts that show up when people search for products online. They appear next to the search results, allowing shoppers to browse and compare your products.
Your ads can be shown in two places:
- At the top of Google Search results (on mobile only).
- On the Shopping tab of Google Search results (on desktop and mobile).
Shopping ads are also called Product Listing Ads (PLAs) because they show a photo of your product, its title, the price and other information about what you’re selling.
How do shopping ads work?
When someone searches for one of your products, we’ll use your Google Merchant Center product data to automatically create an ad that includes a product photo, title and price. Your ad will be eligible to appear in relevant searches on Google.com and also partner sites and apps within our network.