SEO GETTING TOUGHER!
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) has undergone a sea of change since the last year. Nowadays, one would not feel comfortable putting up a crappy website and get a large number of low-quality backlinks pointing back to the same. The increasing complexity of SEO can be gauged by the fact that search engines are looking into the following factors before deciding whether or not to reward high ranks to websites:
1. Repeat visits of customers
2. Bounce rate
3. Website links exchanged by visitors in social media
4. Categories and sub-categories
5. Authority content etc…
Even amateur internet marketers are quickly realizing that SEO is no longer that easy! Thus, it is not surprising that beginners, advanced internet marketers as well as organizations/companies are eagerly looking forward to joining a quality SEO course to have an edge over their competitors.
POINTS TO REMEMBER:
1. What is the course fee structure (one-time, monthly, quarterly etc.)?
3. Does the training take into account the recent updates (Penguin, Panda etc.) by search engines such as Google? (Keep in mind that Google in itself attracts almost 80% of search engine traffic as compared to other search engines such as Yahoo, Bing etc.)
4. Are existing customers presenting an optimistic picture of the respective course in popular internet marketing forums?
5. Can you join the course through a trial/discount option?
Expensive SEO courses (which might charge a monthly fee) provide access to private forums which are restricted to the common public.
EXTRA INFORMATION/SERVICES OFFERED:
Such a training course would also provide the following services apart from training material:
1. Live webinars/podcasts by SEO experts
2. Latest information in the world of SEO
3. Analyzing certain websites (usually designed by SEO experts) which are ranking high for multiple keywords
4. Answering the queries of members
5. Brainstorming different aspects of SEO with other experts/members
6. Organizing challenges for its members with winners getting a free Skype call with an SEO expert/a discount for an SEO related product etc.
An affordable SEO training course might suit the needs of a beginner who needs to educate himself on the basic aspects of SEO. Such a course covers topics like how to decide on a market, researching for relevant keywords, purchase of hosting platform and domain name, construct a website, use of plugins, adding content to web-pages, building quality backlinks at regular intervals, how to outsource etc.
A genuine SEO training course would always admit beforehand that results may greatly vary for webmasters despite applying even tested and proven SEO techniques. Serious marketers might consider receiving feedback from SEO experts on a one-to-one basis for which they need to shell out a large amount of money. A panel of experts analyses the websites of such clients and provide their critical feedback on the same. Even then, there is no guarantee of the respective website achieving desirable results!
Thus, it is essential to keep in mind that such training courses should serve as a guide and not as a guarantee to success.