Online selling using social media is now a great way to boost your income as you have access to countless audiences.
Among all the platforms you might choose for eCommerce, Shopify has some exceptional features that have attracted many businesses.
Shopify Inc. is a Canadian multinational e-commerce company headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario.
Fortunately, Facebook and Instagram allow you to sell and market Shopify products which automatically sync to your accounts.
This way, you can easily create ads and shoppable posts and boost your sales using a good social media marketing strategy.
In this article, you’ll learn some tips in this regard to be able to improve your eCommerce using Shopify marketing on Instagram.
Table of Contents
Change your Instagram profile to a business account
Do you already have an Instagram account for yourself? If this is the case, you can change it to a professional profile. This will increase the credibility of your eCommerce business on Instagram.
Many businesses also try to buy Instagram accounts that have numerous followers to save time in Shopify marketing.
Whether you have an account or you want to buy an existing account, it’s really simple to make it a business page.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Go to your Instagram profile and select the hamburger symbol. It’s in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Go to Account and choose it.
- Click Switch to Professional Account after scrolling through the choices. Continue by tapping the Continue button.
- Choose the category that most accurately defines your online store. After that, click Done.
When you’re finished, visitors to your profile will see useful information about your company. They’ll be able to see what kind of business you have, as well as your hours of operation, physical location, and phone number.
You’re also allowed to track the success of your Instagram page if you have a business account. As a result, many statistics will be available in real-time to you. This includes Instagram Stories, sponsored publications, and how your followers engage with your Account.
Advanced eCommerce options are also great features that will be available with a professional Instagram account.
Adding Shopping to your Instagram account opens up a world of possibilities for your online business.
You may put your items on display and exhibit them. It allows you to add tags to your Instagram photos and stories in particular.
Subscribers who touch on the tag will see the following information:
- A visual representation of the product
- A summary of the product
- The cost
- A link to the product’s page on your eCommerce site where you may purchase it
So go ahead and add Instagram Shopping to your Account. Here are some simple instructions on how to accomplish that.
- Get Instagram to approve your company profile.
- Create a Facebook catalog of all your items (Instagram uses the same catalog).
- Wait until your work account is validated before proceeding. After then, the addition of the Shopping feature is approved.
- From your account settings, turn on the Shopping feature.
That’s not all, though. You will undoubtedly conduct several tests after utilizing it. Here are some pointers to help you make the most of this eCommerce feature:
- Recognize the goods that appear in your photos or videos. Shopping tags and hashtags can be used. This raises the likelihood of your publications being featured in the “Explore” tab’s “Shop” section.
- In your shot, you may tag multiple products. It improves your rate of involvement. As a result, your publication’s exposure will increase.
- Instead of a string of numbers, identify concise and meaningful product names. This increases the number of clicks.
Optimize your bio
Yes, adding clickable links to your Instagram captions is still not available. One of the few locations where you may include a text link to your Shopify business is in your Instagram bio.
And it’s critical that you concentrate on it! It’s the first thing a visitor sees when they come to your website. So, in your Instagram bio, include the following:
- A concise and easy-to-understand overview of the things you sell.
- The major benefit of your online business or the items you sell. In other words, include information that distinguishes your eCommerce firm from the competitors.
- A call to action or contact aimed at your potential consumers.
- This is a live link. That is to say, it must be contemporary. Your link, for example, may lead readers to your most recent promotion. Alternatively, you might link to a page that highlights your newest items. The possibilities are endless!
Create and use viral hashtags
You’re familiar with how hashtags operate. When you click it, you’ll get a list of public postings that include it. What’s more, hashtags can now be followed by Instagram users.
You can still appear in other people’s Instagram feeds even if they don’t follow you. You’ll be able to reach a wider audience this way.
Remember that you should limit the number of hashtags you utilize. Yes, you may only use up to 30 hashtags in a single post. However, it has been shown that eight hashtags have the highest interaction rate.
Why not experiment with several hashtags that are relevant to your eCommerce site?
Work with influencers
It may appear self-evident. However, selecting the ideal influencers to communicate your Shopify store’s messaging is crucial.
In truth, you must regard an influencer’s services as a form of advertisement. Some of these include social media outlets, radio, and television.
Bear in mind that each influencer has a distinct target audience and communication style. You’ll also need to locate influencers whose followers are in your target demographic. They should also adopt the same tone as your online store’s clients.
Visualize your content
Have you noticed that Facebook is putting a lot of effort into creating more video content? Instagram isn’t any different and it’s a great place for video marketing.
Ecommerce firms may be more creative with videos. Instagram Stories video content is one of the few areas where you may include clickable links.
However, there is a stipulation. To add a link to your IG Stories, you must have a verified account or 10,000 followers.
You can still increase your following with high-quality films before you worry about it. So don’t forget video marketing as it has great potential in boosting sales.
Instagram is a great place for eCommerce, and integrating it with Shopify can make a significant difference in your sales. Remember that investing a bit of money and time in Instagram marketing can make miracles.